stop wasting your time here.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

what's in a name?

So, there i was, reading my bible, until i had to stop. And laugh.

Let me share my newfound knowledge with you.

" ... the son of Dodo". Dodo is a biblical name.

Dodo was an Israelite. In fact, Dodo was part of the covenant bloodline. Now, everyone else in the covenant bloodline (all Dodo's cousins and what not) get really distinguished-sounding names, like Issachar or Gideon or Nehemiah. And then comes ... Dodo.

"I am GIDEON, commander of the Lord's army. The Midianites were just delivered into our hands."

"Dodo. Really nice to meet you."

"That's a dumb name. You're not allowed into my army."


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
DODO THE ISRAELITE
(highly speculative)

Dodo's grandson was a judge, so he must have been a proud grandaddy. That is everything I know about Dodo the Israelite.

1 comment:

morning glory said...

i only know the story about lot and his wife and how she turned into salt. I lose at bible stories.

old news.